Saturday, December 29, 2012

No. 72 , Where Has All The Love Gone? , 2012

Where has all the love gone
Vanished all of it , no longer on?
And was it more than a word
With letters that spell absurd?
And really was its essence anything
After twenty six years I'm wondering?
Once the 'The nice guy' to have close .
And now a cold shoulder overdose
Character assassinated in a hotel room
Was a romance's final portent of doom.
Where has all the love gone?
A peck 'good bye' and ring on ?
No longer a marriage consummate
A bond gone past its sell- by date.



.
I've been devoted , faithful and true
I meant it when I said I loved you
A passion left to decay and subside .
The end of this roller coaster ride.
Where has all that love gone?
Only memories and things bygone
No dinner parties with flowing wine
And conversations of things sublime
A marriage that was once content:
A banker's loan now used and spent
Where has all the love gone now?
In a vacuum , held by ugly row.
Broken dreams and hopes corrode
The tarmac of this no- through- road.





I loved with mind and body and breath
And now I watch Eros writhe in death.
I failed my words in bitter poet's sigh
And fooled myself I had a painter's eye,
And for that I paid the price it's true
Wrapped in my self I neglected you.
You do not see the tears flow free
As they evaporate towards the sea
But do not fret and do what you must
This heart , though not steel, will not rust .
Where has all the love gone so soon ?
A morning's passion done by noon.
Koulla , I really loved you until this very day
For you it's gone;  and now my love will fray.....












No comments: